- Please arrive 15 minutes before any surgery.
LOCAL ANESTHESIA (numbing only) or NITROUS OXIDE:
- Eat and take all medications as usual (especially diabetics).
- You may drive and come alone unless instructed otherwise.
I.V. ANESTHESIA or ORAL SEDATION:
- Have no food or drink after midnight.
- Have an escort to remain in the office during your treatment, to drive you home, and to attend to you until fully recovered from the anesthetic. This may take the entire day.
- Diabetics on insulin – follow specific instructions given regarding insulin use and food.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, cough, sore throat etc. please notify the office immediately. Your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Have prescriptions filled prior to arrival, to save time.
- Take antibiotic one hour prior to procedure or as directed.
- If directed, take Benadryl at bedtime & one hour prior to appointment.
- Take ALL routine medicines as scheduled, unless instructed otherwise.
- All medicines should be taken with as little water as possible, before the procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing with short sleeves, eg. T-shirt.
- Contact lenses and jewelry must be removed.
- Do not wear finger nail polish or acrylic nails, as it interferes with our sensors.